OpenAccess Coalition Debug WG
OAC Debug WG Members only
The Debug Working Group specifies and guides the development
of tools and strategies to help users identify and resolve
OpenAccess application, implementation, and data problems.
Under WG direction, Si2 engineering has created several prototype applications:
Si2oad has been ported to Linux and Win platforms, and has TCL
bindings, as well. Si2oad generates a terse, readable XML format.
An included XSL transform will convert that XML into active HTML
and displayed in a browser.
- Si2trace – Automate instrumentation of the OA Reference Implementation source for the purpose of insertion of arbitrary code to perform pre/post method validation of arguments or state conditions.
(Work on this code has been suspended pending further specification
of requirements and OAC priorities.
- Si2oad – (Also known as Si2oaDebug) Display OpenAccess data in human-readable format from a
- persistent (on-disk) Design, Lib, or Tech
- run-time model (RTM) snapshot, either
- embedded into an application's source
- injected dynamically into a linked executable,
and activated inside an interactive debugger (like gdb)
Si2oaDff – Pinpoint the differences between
two versions of an oaObject. Si2oaDff is an extendable, customizable difference engine
that performs a canonical
traversal of all attributes and owned Object Collections of two contexts
(individual Objects or entire Libs), passing
only difference "events" to any number of registered reporter modules.
As new capabilities are requested and defined, the WG
manages the roadmap and delivery of future releases the current tools,
as well as other tools useful for OpenAccess data and application development.
Contact Si2 for information about participation in WG activities
or access to WG tools that are not yet publicly available.